The Moore Family

The Moore Family

Monday, August 1, 2011

22 weeks & checkup


Week 22
Your baby is the size of a papaya, and her taste buds are becoming sensitive enough to react to what you eat this week. I bet Mary Margaret is thinking.... Why is she eating all this spicy stuff?? :)
Baby's Length: 10.94 in.
Baby's Weight: 15.17 oz.
Your baby's previously see-through skin will now become opaque. However, it will remain wrinkly, red, and covered in vernix until more fat helps to fill it out. Also this week, she's fine-tuning her sense of touch (thanks to maturing brain cells and nerve endings). Your baby may experiment with these newfound skills by feeling his face or anything else she can get her hands on. This week, your baby's eyebrows start growing and hair will start sprouting on the scalp, but this varies -- your baby may grow a thick head of BLONDE hair or she may enter the world bald. SaraBeth and Mallory were both bald, so I NOT getting most hopes up for a full head of hair! :)
My doctor's appt on Friday went well. The girls went back with me. They enjoyed visiting Dr. Cole and asked her a million questions. She politely answered all of them :) I have gained 12 pounds TOTAL so far for this pregnancy, so I feel good about that. This is less than I did with the girls at this point. Chasing them all over the house, I know why! We talked dates a little bit, but all she would promise me was that Mary Margaret would definitely be here by Thanksgiving :) So excited!!! We went shopping after the appointment and got a few things, but Jackson was wild due to tax free day. WILD!! I go back to the dr. on Aug. 26 for my sugar test and 26 week appt. Then I will start going every 2 weeks. Time is flying by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment